Everyone knows that depression is no laughing matter. But sometimes, a little humor can be a great way to help cope with it. That’s why we’ve rounded up some funny depression jokes to help bring a smile to your day.
We all know that depression isn’t something you can just joke away. But sometimes, having a good laugh can help lighten the mood and make you feel a little bit better.
So here’s a collection of some of the best funny depression jokes and puns to help you get through those tough days.
Depression Jokes Funny
1. What caused the Great depression?
A lack of comedians
2. Why do orphans go to church?
To find solace in a community.
3. What do you call depressed emo?
Someone struggling with their mental health.
4. Why was the dolphin depressed?
It’s hard to say, as we cannot fully understand the emotions of other animals.
5. What code does a depressed programmer write?
It’s difficult to generalize, as everyone experiences depression differently.
6. Why is Mrs Claus depressed?
We cannot assume someone’s emotions based on stereotypes or assumptions.
7. Did you hear about the depressed plumber?
He’s going through a tough time and could benefit from support.
8. Why do French people look so depressed?
Stereotyping and generalizations are not helpful or accurate.
9. Why do many New Yorkers experience depression?
Perhaps because they see New Jersey as the only “light at the end of the tunnel.”
10. Why did the astronaut become depressed?
Because he felt trapped in the enclosed space.
12. What antidepressant does Putin take?
13. Have you heard about the newspaper that caused a lot of injuries during the Great Depression?
People were falling on hard times.
14. How would you label a pair of melancholic grizzlies?
15. What’s the name for a downcast acapella troupe?
16. What distinguishes stand-up comedy from motivational speaking?
The position of the disheartened people concerning the microphone.
17. Have you heard about the forlorn flower?
It just wilted away.
18. What did the gloomy computer say to its user?
“I’m feeling byteful today.”
19. Why is the sad mathematician always negative?
They can only see the downside.
20. What do you call a dejected piece of fruit?
A low-hanging plum.
Funny Depressed Jokes
Depression can be a tough subject to approach for many people, but laughter can often be the best medicine.
If you’re looking for a little pick-me-up, these funny depression jokes might be just what you need.
21. Why was the introverted comedian feeling down?
They couldn’t find the humor in their own jokes.
22. What is the reason behind the melancholy of climbers once they conquer a mountain top?
Because the only way left is down.
23. Which of these fell to the ground earlier, a leaf or a despondent child?
The leaf fell first, as the child was left hanging.
24. How does a person with a melancholic outlook perceive life?
Life consists of sad days, as well as Saturdays.
25. Have you heard about the potter who was depressed?
He was doing well until he broke and took his own life.
26. Why did the dejected chicken cross the street?
To get to the other side of sighing.
27. Who needs April Fool’s Day when their entire life is a joke?
As the number of suicidal people increases, the number of non-suicidal people decreases.
28. What do depressed people and pears have in common?
They both bruise easily.
29. How do you help a depressed person out of a tree?
You offer a supportive hand and help them climb down safely.
30. Are you a lamp?
Because you light up my world.
31. Why did I cross the street?
To explore the other side.
32. Are you a bridge?
Because I want to cross over to you.
33. What do you call a person who loves to be in the air?
34. What’s the difference between a puzzle and a challenging situation?
One can be solved with persistence and effort.
35. What’s the similarity between a rainbow and hope?
They both bring color to a gray day.
36. What does H2O stand for?
Happiness To Overcome sadness.
37. Did you climb out of a volcano?
Or did you come from the mountains up there?
38. What do you call a despondent person with a mechanical limb?
39. Have you heard about the forlorn handyman?
He’s been dealing with some crappy situations.
40. Person: I’m feeling really low, what can I do?
Friend: Let’s go for a walk and enjoy nature’s beauty together.
Funny Depressing Jokes
Depression can be a hard topic to talk about, but sometimes laughter can be a great way to lighten the mood and make it a little easier to talk about.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of funny depression jokes that can help make things a little less serious and help us all to remember that it’s important to take care of our mental health!
41. What’s the most effective way to conquer depression?
Embrace it, so it departs from you as well.
42. How is depression different from your former lover?
Depression screws you more mercilessly.
43. Have you heard about the online forum designed for dispirited tennis players?
The servers are presently inactive.
44. What do you call a sad sandwich?
45. Why did the depressed bee refuse to leave the hive?
He had a case of the buzz-kill.
46. What’s the difference between a sadist and a depressed person?
The sadist enjoys inflicting pain, while the depressed person can’t escape it.
47. Why was the computer feeling down?
It had a hard drive.
48. What do you call a group of depressed cows?
49. What do you call a gloomy insect?
50. Why did the depressed musician break up with his girlfriend?
He just couldn’t find his groove.
51. What do you call a despondent plant?
A wilted fern.
52. Why was the depressed astronaut feeling blue?
He had a lack of atmosphere.
53. What do you call a sorrowful actor?
A teary thespian.
54. Have you heard the one about the person who became sad when they misplaced their treasured pencil sharpener?
It left them feeling like everything was purposeless.
55. Have you ever wondered why individuals who are feeling down are never concerned about having a flat tire?
It’s because they’re constantly carrying despair.
56. In the days before digital cameras, why were photographers often despondent?
They spent hours processing negatives.
57. Which state in America is considered to be the most depressing to live in?
58. When feeling blue, which vegetable is recommended for consumption?
59. What do you call a melancholy Swede?
A Bjorn who regrets being born.
60. Why did the melancholy musician perform solo?
He couldn’t find harmony with anyone else.
61. Why did the dispirited detective quit?
They couldn’t solve the case of their own unhappiness.
62. Have you ever wondered why there are no buttons shaped like the letter “D”?
It’s quite an unusual thing to ponder.
63. The tallest man in the world must have felt quite down sometimes, don’t you think?
After all, he had nobody to look up to.
Funny Depression Jokes
Depression is no laughing matter, but sometimes a little humor can be just the thing to help lighten the mood. While it’s important to remember to take depression seriously, it’s also okay to laugh about it sometimes.
Here are some funny depression jokes to help put a smile on your face and give you some relief from the blues.
64. What’s a Scottish thing that’s not depressing?
65. How does a depressed person try to lift their mood?
They reach out for help.
66. Why do people with depression sometimes feel like they’re walking in circles?
They’re stuck in a negative thought loop.
67. Where can people find free help with depression?
Mental health clinics and hotlines.
68. Why was the chef depressed?
The restaurant’s ratings were dropping.
69. What is the difference between depression and drugs?
One is a mental health condition, the other is a substance.
70. Why was the dolphin feeling down?
It was mourning the loss of a loved one.
71. What did the hurricane do to cope with its depression?
It sought therapy and support.
72. Did you know Nebraska has a high rate of depression and infidelity?
It’s a concerning issue for the state.
73. Why did the astronaut struggle with their mental health?
They were isolated and far from home.
74. What did the light switch say when it was feeling down?
“I need a break.”
75. How do psychology majors learn about depression?
Through studying and research.
76. What do you call a collection of melancholy spices?
77. How do frogs with depression cope?
They seek help from a frog therapist.
78. What did the depressed pickle say to its friends?
“I need some time alone to heal.”
79. What’s a type of cheese that’s never down?
80. How does a depressed elephant try to improve its mood?
It spends time with its herd.
81. What do people with depression and necrophilia have in common?
They both may benefit from therapy and treatment.
82. Why was the calendar feeling blue?
It was running out of pages.
83. What do you call a melancholy boat?
A sorrowful vessel.
84. How do you make an elevator feel low?
By pressing all the buttons at once.
85. What do you call a group of journalists feeling down?
The blues press.
86. Why was Uranus feeling dejected?
I was tired of being the butt of jokes.
87. Why was the deer feeling glum?
It had lost its way.
88. Why are anarchists sometimes troubled?
They may struggle with finding a sense of purpose and belonging.
89. What kind of music do gloomy ostriches enjoy?
Sad bird tunes.
Funny Jokes About Depression
Depression can be a serious and debilitating condition, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be a complete downer!
In fact, sometimes the best way to cope with depression is to find a way to laugh about it. That’s why we’ve compiled some of the best funny depression jokes to help you get through your day.
90. What made the dentist angry all the time?
Because he couldn’t handle his filling.
91. Why was the little grape depressed?
Because it was in a sour patch.
92. What do you call a curious onion?
93. How does a train eat?
It goes chew chew.
94. Why did the tomato turn red?
Because it saw the salad dressing.
95. Why do ghosts like elevators?
Because it lifts their spirits.
96. What do you call a group of cows that play instruments?
A moo-sical band.
97. Why do bees have sticky hair?
Because they use honeycombs.
98. Why don’t aliens eat clowns?
Because they taste funny.
99. Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide.
Dark Humor Jokes About Depression
100. What’s the best part about being depressed?
You can cut out \”feeling\” and just get straight to the point.
101. Why do depressed people give up so easily?
Because they know that nothing is worth fighting for anyway.
102. Why do people with depression always seem to be so down in the dumps?
Because it’s hard to find anything funny when life seems like a never-ending joke.
103. What do depression and manhole covers have in common?
They are both filled with an overwhelming sense of despair.
104. Why don’t psychiatrists play tennis?
Because it’s too hard to get a racket back from some people!
105. Why doesn’t Santa Claus have to worry about depression?
Because he knows every time he turns around, there’s a new present.
106. What do you call a depressed robot?
107. Why did the depressed cyclist ride around in circles?
He wanted to get some sympathy from his pedals.
108. What did the depressed person do when they wanted to get rid of their problems?
They went looking for a black hole!
109. What do you call a depressed mosquito?
A down-in-the-dumps quote!
110. What did the depressed mathematician do when he got stuck?
He went crazy trying to figure out his own solution.
111. Why don’t antidepressants have any flavor?
Because then people would swallow it real quick and feel too happy.
112. What do you call a depressed psychiatrist?
A sad head shrinker!
113. Why is the depressed cat always so grumpy?
Because no one ever taught him how to purr-ceive things differently.
114. What sets apart the staff from the patients in the asylum?
The key to the door is in the staff’s possession.
115. What’s one benefit of depression?
It forces you to plan your funeral ahead of time.
- Psychology Knock Knock Jokes
- Funny Jokes About Countries
- Funny Jokes About Monkeys
- Hilarious Jokes About Stuttering
- Hilarious Jokes About Ecology
- Jokes About Marathons with Puns
- Jokes About Ingratitude
- Jokes About Smoothies
It is important to recognize that depression is a serious mental illness and should never be trivialized or made light of. While it is understandable that some individuals may use humor as a coping mechanism, it is crucial to be mindful of the potential harm that could come from making jokes about depression.
Jokes that minimize or dismiss the severity of depression may perpetuate harmful stigmas and prevent individuals from seeking the help they need. Instead of making light of depression, we should strive to create a safe and supportive environment for those who are struggling with mental illness.