Make your day brighter with these funny dad jokes about rain! Laugh away the wet weather blues and enjoy these cheesy one-liners and puns about the liquid sunshine!
Rain is one of those things in life that can be both a blessing and a curse. It can bring much-needed relief from the summer heat and provide hydration to parched plants, but it can also bring with it soggy shoes and stormy weather. But even with all of its potential downsides, rain can also be the source of some pretty great dad jokes.
For those of you who don’t know, dad jokes are those corny one-liners that dads are known to tell in order to make their kids groan. With that in mind, here are some of our favorite dad jokes about rain:
Funny Dad Jokes About Rain
1. What is the preferred weather of a malevolent ruler?
A deluge of horror.
2. Are you considering building an ark due to the downpour?
I am like Noah, preparing for the flood.
3. When does the earth become fertile?
When nature blesses it with rainfall.
4. What kind of drink can have both bitterness and sweetness?
5. What do you call a mischievous lamb dressed as a skeleton for Halloween?
A baaad to the bone lamb.
6. Why do nurses favor red crayons?
For drawing blood, sometimes.
7. What would you name the Terminator during retirement?
8. What did Arkansas do?
The same thing as Tennessee.
9. Why do bees have sticky hair?
Because they use honeycomb to store their honey.
10. Why do some couples go to the gym?
They want their relationship to work out physically and mentally.
11. What do you call an irate musician flipping someone off?
A songbird in a bad mood.
12. Which ocean is the most detail-oriented?
13. Did you hear about the kidnapping at school?
Don’t worry, he woke up from his dream.
14. How can you identify a dogwood tree?
By its bark.
15. Why did the man tumble down the well?
Because he had poor vision.
16. When does a joke become a dad joke?
When it becomes apparent that it’s cheesy.
17. Which state has the most streets?
Rhode Island, being the smallest state, has a high street density.
18. What’s the name of a polite, European body of water?
Merci, French for “thank you.”
19. Why was the color green known for being single?
It was often too jaded.
20. Why did the coach go to the bank?
To get his quarterback a loan.
Dad Jokes Rainy Day
Rainy days always seem to bring out the dad jokes in all of us. Whether it’s a light drizzle or a full-on downpour, these dad jokes about rain are sure to bring a smile to your face and make the most of a dreary day.
21. What do you call a deer that enjoys the rain?
A rain-loving deer.
22. Who is most likely to get hit by lightning during a thunderstorm concert?
23. Why did the clear sky feel blue?
It couldn’t shake off the blues.
24. What sets rain apart from climate?
A tree can’t be rained on, but it can be affected by climate.
25. Why do cows huddle together during rain?
To keep their udders from getting wet.
26. Have you watched the new tornado movie?
It’s full of unexpected turns.
27. What weather does Santa love the most?
28. What separates a horse from the weather?
One reigns, the other reigns.
29. How do hurricanes perceive the world?
Through a single eye.
30. What is hail?
Frozen raindrops falling from the sky.
31. Why did the umbrella go to the doctor?
It had a broken rib.
32. What’s a tornado’s favourite game?
Anything that involves spinning.
33. What do lightning bolts do when they laugh?
They light up the sky.
34. What kind of lightning likes to play sports?
No, lightning doesn’t play sports.
35. When is Monday most like a rainy season?
During the Mon-soon.
36. What did the evaporating raindrop say?
Oh no, I’m falling apart.
37. What type of precipitation does the Queen favor?
38. What kind of bow can’t be tied?
Rainy Weather Dad Jokes
Whether you love it or you hate it, it’s a part of life. And what better way to make light of a dreary day than with a few dad jokes about rain? Here’s a list of some of the classic dad jokes about rain that will make you laugh and help you get through a rainy day:
39. Rain’s preferred fashion accessory?
40. Why is rain in the form of money beneficial?
It makes cents.
41. Which cloud is notoriously lazy?
Fog, it never gets up early.
42. Why did the weatherman turn red?
He witnessed climate change.
43. What did the larger tornado say to the smaller one?
“Let’s twist again like last summer.”
44. Hurricanes’ preferred dessert?
45. What do you call a rainbow without colors?
A plain bow.
46. When it rains, what does a spy do?
He goes undercover.
47. Why is the weatherman stressed?
The job comes with high pressure.
48. Why do raindrops appreciate lightning at night?
They can see where they’re heading.
49. Can bees fly in wet weather?
Not without their yellow jackets.
50. What’s more frustrating than heavy rain?
51. What do you call a downpour of waterfowl?
52. Which animal holds the record for being the wettest?
53. Why should you watch your step during heavy rain?
You might step in a poodle!
54. Why don’t owls show affection in wet weather?
It’s too wet to woo.
55. Why do cows lay down during a storm?
To keep each other’s udders dry.
56. What does Santa say when he sees his reindeer in the rain?
Come and look at the rain-dear.
57. What type of pants do clouds wear during thunderstorms?
58. What did one raindrop say to another?
Two’s a company, three’s a cloud.
59. What falls continuously without getting hurt?
60. How does a raindrop ask another out?
Do you want to fall together tonight?
Funny Dad Jokes About Rain
If you’re stuck inside on a rainy day, these dad jokes about rain can help provide a few laughs and some much-needed comic relief. So, take a break and have a good chuckle at these dad jokes about rain.
61. What gets soaked but still loves to dance?
The ground on a rainy day.
62. What accessory goes up when the rain comes down?
63. How is the weather different from a horse?
One pours down, while the other is held back.
64. What do you call a dinosaur that got caught in the rain?
65. What makes a hissing and swishing sound when it rains?
66. What’s the difference between a rainy day and a lion with a toothache?
One is pouring with rain, while the other is roaring with pain.
67. What’s the term for dangerous rainfall?
A rain of terror.
68. What’s the prize for coming fourth in the National Weatherman Awards?
A precipitation medal.
69. How are snowflakes evaluated in school?
Based on their performance in class precipitation.
70. Why did the man bring ketchup when it rained?
Because it was raining cats and hot dogs.
71. What happens before candy falls from the sky?
72. What shakes when it’s wet?
An earthquake on a rainy day.
73. What’s worse than heavy rain?
74. What is the preferred form of precipitation for royalty?
75. How do you describe a storm with feathered precipitation?
Foul (fowl) weather.
76.Where do bolts of lightning go for a romantic evening?
77. When does Monday become a rainy day?
78. What do books do on a wet and rainy day?
79. What item rises when rain begins to fall?
80. What descends without harm but brings much-needed moisture?
81. What happens before candy falls from the sky?
Dad Jokes About Rainbows
82. How can you sail through the sky?
You can sail on a rainboat.
83. How many colors are in the rainbow?
I don’t have blue.
84. What’s at the end of the rainbow?
The letter “W.”
85. How does a cloud feel about a rainbow?
The rainbow brightens the cloud’s day.
86. How did a pilot pass the flying test?
By flying through a rainbow and passing with flying colors.
87. How much do you like rainbows?
Just a skittle bit?
88. How do you tie up a cloud?
Use a rainbow.
89. What do you call a rainbow that doesn’t appear during a rainstorm?
90. What’s a rainbow’s favorite math topic?
91. How did the colors remove purple from the rainbow?
Through non-violent protests.
92. What do you call a rainbow with no colors?
93. What did the monochrome say to the rainbow?
“Oh no, my arch-nemesis!”
94. Why shouldn’t you fight with a rain cloud?
It might storm out on you.
95. What kind of pants do rain clouds wear?
96. What did you see in the rain during your vacation?
We stepped outside, and there it was.
97. What do you call a rainbow with no colors?
98. Who travels in a rainbow-colored TARDIS?
99. What did the Rubik’s Cube say when it was solved?
“I’m over the rainbow.”
100. What did a little girl’s ribbon become during the storm?
101. What’s the least popular color in the rainbow?
The weakest pink.
102. What do you call a magician in a rainbow-colored robe?
103. Why is it difficult to weigh a rainbow?
Because it’s too light.
104. What bow can’t be tied?
105. Why are good friends like rainbows?
They always show their true colors.
106. Why are rainbows rarely seen in the evening?
They only come out once in a blue moon.
107. Where does Dorothy from Oz weigh a pie?
Somewhere over the rainbow, weigh-a-pie.
Dad Jokes for Rain
What a wet and wonderful weather phenomenon! It brings life to the earth and puts a smile on everyone’s face… unless you’re a dad.
Then it brings out the best in dad jokes! If you’re looking for a good laugh, here’s a collection of dad jokes about rain that are sure to make you chuckle.
108. A king’s preferred precipitation is hail!
109. Books wear rain quotes on a wet and rainy day.
110. Money falls from the sky when it’s raining cash.
111. Something that’s all wet and likes to shake is an earthquake on a rainy day.
112. Snoop Dog needs an umbrella for ‘ drizzle.
113. When it rains ducks and geese, it’s called foul weather.
114. A man used ketchup in the rain because it was raining cats and hot dogs.
115. Hailing taxis is worse than raining buckets.
116. Iron Man slept outside during the rain to get some rust.
117. To wrap a cloud, you can use a rainbow.
118. One lightning bolt said to another, “You’re shocking!”
119. A cloud wears thunder wear under its raincoat.
120. It’s important to be careful during a rainstorm with cats and dogs because you might step on a poodle.
121. A dinosaur that got stuck in the rain is a diplodocus.
122. Cows lie down in the rain to keep each udder dry.
123. One raindrop asked another out by knocking some sense (cents) into the world.
124. People in big cities in Spain are always dry because the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
125. A pile of quarters in a rainstorm is a changing climate.
126. A ghost wears boots when it’s raining outside.
127. Momma kangaroos hate rain because it means the kids can’t play outside.
128. “This is a great day,” said the raindrop as it ran off the road.
129. Money rains down when there’s a change in the weather.
130. The rain and lightning bolt made the news because it was shocking.
131. The skeleton knew it was going to rain because he could feel it in his bones.
132. A collection of coins in the rain is a sign of climate change.
133. The rain of coins started knocking some sense into the world.
134. Rain before marriage is precipitation dating.
135. Royalty reigning for centuries is why Britain is the wettest country.
Rainy Day Dad Joke
It’s a staple of father-child relationships everywhere, a source of laughter, joy, and groans. But when it comes to dad jokes, there’s one type that stands out above all others: jokes about rain.
Rain jokes are almost a staple of the dad joke genre, and they never fail to get a laugh or two out of even the most stoic and dour of fathers. So, with that in mind, here are some of our favorite dad jokes about rain.
136. Do bees take cover when it rains?
Only if they forget their tiny raincoats.
137. What’s worse than raining cats and dogs?
A hailstorm of ice cream scoops.
138. Which animal is the wettest creature on earth?
The aquatic-loving otter.
139. What do rain clouds wear under their pants?
140. Why did someone use ketchup during a downpour?
To add some spice to the rainy day.
141. How do you wrap a cloud in style?
With a colorful rainbow sash.
142. When does money rain?
When the economy’s about to change.
143. How can you differentiate between a horse and rainfall?
One reigns over land, and the other reigns from above.
145. What occurs before it rains sweets?
A light drizzle of sugar.
146. What does daylight saving time mean in Seattle?
An extra sixty minutes of raindrops.
147. How do you explain hazardous rain?
It’s a shower of terror.
148. What type of precipitation does the Queen enjoy?
149. What did the evaporating raindrop say?
I’ll return but in a different form.
150. What’s the firefighters’ go-to tune during a rainstorm?
It’s Raining Heroes.
151. What did the ghostly knights tell the king of clouds?
Our spirits will pour down eternally.
152. Why did the rainwater run off the road?
Because it couldn’t take the pressure of being a raindrop.
153. Why did the light rain miss its target?
It only mists the spot.
154. What’s the monarch’s preferred weather phenomenon?
Hail, your majesty!
155. How do you describe a soaked bear?
A soggy grizzly.
156. Why is Britain known as the world’s rainiest country?
Because it’s been under the royal rule for centuries.
157. Why does a mother kangaroo dislike the rain?
Because her little ones can’t play outside.
158. What goes up when the spring rain comes down?
The sales of umbrellas.
159. Who does everyone hear but never trust?
The weather forecast.
160. Why doesn’t it rain two nights in a row?
Because nature needs time to replenish.
161. Where’s the best spot to purchase a rainforest?
On the online marketplace, Amazon.
162. What does rain do when it’s ready to tie the knot?
It precipitates a wedding ceremony.
- 140+ Asian Dad Jokes & puns
- 95+ Fuuny Australian Dad Jokes
- 145+ Dad Jokes Reels
- 130+ Engineer Dad Jokes
- 90+ April Fools Dad Jokes
- 100+ Hilarious Flower Dad Jokes
- 100+ Best Hockey Dad Jokes
So there you have it some of our favorite dad jokes about rain. Whether you’re looking for a good laugh or need a way to keep the conversation going, these jokes are sure to bring a smile to your face. Just don’t forget your umbrella!
We hope these dad jokes about rain made you smile! Whether it’s a sunny day or a rainy one, there’s always something to laugh about. So the next time you see the rain coming down, remember these jokes and crack a smile.